Outreach at Longview Community Church encompasses a wide range of opportunities for involvement, both locally and globally. We take seriously Jesus’ command to “Go and make disciples of all nations”, and His instruction to reach out to the least, the last and the lost.
Every member of our body has a gift to share, so we use our time, talents and resources to be salt and light in difficult and dark places. Serving together, we experience the joy of seeing what God will accomplish through us and how he will bless us when we trust and obey.
Many of our members are actively involved in supporting and volunteering at a number of local mission organizations. As a church, we are committed to tithing 9% of our our annual budget to support both local and global mission projects.
Local Missions We Support Include:
- Camp Attitude
- Caring Pregnancy Center
- Child Evangelism
- Community House on Broadway
- FISH of Cowlitz County
- Hard Hats For Christ
- Lay Counseling
- Young Life
- Cowlitz Chaplaincy
- Emergency Support Shelter
International Missions We Support Include:
- SIM USA: Jon and Christine Banke
- Transworld Radio: John and Carol Ragsdale, spreading the Good News across Middle Africa
- Tel-A-Villiage: Pastor Bill Myers, Indonesia
- Wycliffe: Kim and Carolyn Fowler, Joel and Pam Garcia, Gordon and Marilee Whitney
- Community Vision International: Mamy Razafisolo, Madagascar
- Medical Teams International: Local and Global Support
- Haiti Christian Development Fund: Jean and Joy Thomas, Schools, Church and Assistance in Fond Des Blanc
- Dr. Thanh Le: Outreach to Vietnamese congregations around the world
- African Bible College: Training Indigenous Pastors and Teachers.