Looking for deeper relationships? Seeking answers to your questions – or just not sure what questions to ask? Want to connect with God?
We are glad you’ve checked us out! Longview Community Church is a place where relationships grow and community is encouraged. It’s a church family in which people of all ages and all places in life can find a home and connect with a God who is alive and active.
We are a Christian community that seeks to, “Love God, Grow Together, and Serve Others”. This church is committed to loving God and loving people with everything we have. So we take Christ seriously without taking ourselves too seriously. We love to find ways to reach out and help meet the needs of real people in real ways. Most of all, we enjoy worshipping together so that we can be energized for our everyday lives outside the walls of our church.
What might deeper conversations with God lead us to do? How can we put our words into actions so that our lives make a difference in this world that God loves? We’re on a journey together. We hope you’ll consider joining us as we discover life together in our relationship with God.
WHAT TO EXPECT SUNDAYS:
We currently are meeting on Sundays in-person for Discipleship at 9 a.m. followed at 10 a.m. by Worship in-person and online via YouTube Live. Although we no longer request that everyone wear a mask, we provide free masks for those who would like them and we do offer a socially-distanced section during worship for those who prefer to maintain space.
The worship service is characterized by an informal yet worshipful mood. Our worship team usually leads the congregation in a variety of contemporary praise songs as well as some hymns set to modern music. Occasionally the beautiful pipe organ is also played to lead worship. The service also includes prayers, Scripture readings, and a message. We celebrate Communion on the first Sunday of each month.
Classes for all ages are provided during Discipleship Time. Please check-in your child via the Church Office entrance near the chapel. Classes for children in nursery through kindergarten are also provided during the worship service. Please check-in your nursery age (0-2 years) child via the Church Office entrance near the chapel. Please bring pre-school and kindergarten children to the sanctuary. They will be dismissed to their classes during the service. Older children remain with their parents and are given Super Sunday bags and sermon bingo.
General information on our service…
– Dress is informal. We try hard to make everyone feel welcome.
– Length of the service is generally around 60-70 minutes.
– Parking is available next to the chapel, in our main lot behind the Christian Education Building, and on the streets surrounding the church. Handicapped parking is available just off of Kessler Blvd. and on Washington Way. Both the chapel and the sanctuary are handicapped accessible.
– The service may be viewed later throughout the week on our YouTube channel. Television broadcasts of our service can be viewed on Cable KLTV, Channel 11, at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday and on the following Wednesday at noon.
Here are a few insider tips about the facility:
- The main bathrooms are found in the basement of the sanctuary. You can access them via the elevator or the stairs in the lobby at the front of the sanctuary.
- The nursery is in the education wing. The best place to park is by the chapel so that you can drop your kids off before heading to the sanctuary.
- We have a fellowship time following the service in the fellowship hall (or under the tent as weather allows). Refreshments are provided.